Indiana University Health Technician-HVAC Senior in Indianapolis, Indiana
Operates, installs, troubleshoots and repairs all heating, cooling, ventilation, refrigeration related electromechanical equipment and HVAC related systems throughout various facilities. Inspects, troubleshoots and repairs HVAC electrical, electronics, pneumatics and mechanical applications of systems. Applies understanding of how to operate the following, but not limited to, air handling units (AHU's), freezers, walk-in refrigerators, special room air balancing (i.e. isolation systems and laminar flow systems), laminar flow systems motor controllers, HEPA filtering requirements, and electronic, HVAC/VAV boxes. Coordinates or leads project planning when necessary. Trains colleagues on various skills and tasks. Acts as a resource or mentor to colleagues and provides general leadership to the team. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's Degree in applicable discipline or approved apprenticeship preferred.
• Requires Universal CFC.
• Requires advanced knowledge of electrical, electronics, mechanical equipment repair and HVAC related systems.
• Requires current knowledge of various federal; state; local; OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and Joint Commission codes and regulations.
• Requires advanced knowledge of HVAC codes applicable to hospitals.
• Requires the ability to read and interpret information from complex blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
• Requires basic computer skills.Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
• Experience working in industrial or commercial maintenance is preferred. REQNUMBER: 271189